- Furniture items are donated by community members,
businesses, and property managers.
- Furniture recipients are referred to DFB by over 65+ area
social service providers, churches and programs.
- Our average annual distributions have been approximately
4,000 items to over 1000 individuals, averaging a savings to
those in need of $115,000.00 per year.
- During 2009 DFB distributed 4000 items, serving 1000+
- Of the households DFB serves, 99% are categorized in one or
more vulnerable populations, including single parent families,
physically or developmentally disabled, frail, elderly, escaping domestic violence, mentally ill, and homeless or at high risk of
- 56% of households served include children.
- 60% of households are headed by single parents.
- Surveys indicate that 60% of furniture donated would otherwise
have been taken to the landfill.
- In 2009 DFB received 4,215 household items for redistribution
while diverting 150.4 tons of
items from the landfill.
- DFB has a volunteer staff working together. We rely heavily on
community volunteers to achieve our mission.